open letter to all

« Older   Newer »
[id-X]
view post Posted on 3/6/2011, 11:47

this, as you can see from the title, is an open letter addressed to all the clans,
out there.

that i am leaving the "sauer-community" is a for-gone conclusion. i hope you all
will understand not only my frustration with the lack of "protection" for the
little guy and the reason(s) i have done this. certain individuals, that have left
one clan and joined a "better" clan who has been dominating almost all competitions,
have suddenly become quite exceptional at their skill levels. one of these guys,
for example, whom i constantly used to duel, and we would be within 5 frags of
each other, either way (win or lose), would suddenly (1 week later) constantly beat me
by 30-40 frags, even on a good day for me. things like this upset me, not because they
got better, but because i know that they were cheating.

i would ask that you guys, please do not persecute or harass any of the |BoB|
players, seeing as how i did it without their knowledge.

for three (3) days now, since 30/05/2011, i have been using a cheat that enables
me to autoshoot (as soon as my crosshair goes over my opponent, you don't even have
to click to fire) and also gives me less gravity (enabling me to jump just a little
further and higher than everybody else).

only once was it noticed that my accuracy rate of 65% seemed suspect, but it was left
at that because nothing was detected on the server in question (i even reviewed the
demo and nothing suspicious shows up). that was the last time that i had that level
of accuracy, because i actually learned to purposefully miss my opponents to bring down
my accuracy level, but if i wanted to i could get 100% each and everytime guaranteed.

i have been pushing Markku (SWL) for quite some time to bring out their anti-cheat
client. and after downloading it (and not disabling my cheat), i am glad to say that
their client/server picked up on the cheat, thus proving to me that the SWL Client is
successful in what it's supposed to do ( and that is to level the playing field, leaving
you with only your personal skill to rely on ). congratulations SWL on a superb A.C.C

i honestly feel that it should be mandatory, that all players use this client,
whether it be a "league" event, or everyday playing on ALL servers, thereby ensuring
that only personal skill will a determining factor on all servers.

please clean up "our sport" and make it "cheat-free"

regards,
x

view post Posted on 3/6/2011, 13:20

Group:
Elite Master Monkey

I'm definitely with you that some players have gotten suspiciously good in a way too short time. I'm also pretty sure that some of them didn't get a skill-boost over night. However, it's not impossible...the right training can improve your skill level tremendously within a short period of time, when you have a solid foundation to build on. But I kinda doubt that any of the Sauer clans is actually having a professional training. Especially when looking at the maturity of some players... I would be surprised if any of them has the discipline and motivation to reach a pro-like level through training in a game where you can't make money with skill. (there are exceptions though...especially among the old school players)

BUT, that you play with cheats yourself in order to "prove" that your suspicion was correct makes you just as retarded. You have no idea how many times i have been kicked, banned and flamed at because some idiot was 100% convinced that I was cheating and then switched on cheats just to "wtfpwn" me. How can you possibly tell that the other guy is using cheats, just because you get the same results now with autoshoot? That's just retarded! Not to mention that you need 3 days(!!) to test that? With cheats you can get ANY result you want...

Regarding the Anti-Cheat... I would love to have one on the PSL Server, but only if it comes from a trustworthy ressource (e.g. Wahnfred). I'd rather play vs. kiddies with cheats than installing a client that might contain malicious code. And there was a reason why the PSL Client never made it on the public server.

Gah that pisses me off... another community on the brink of destruction thanks to fucking idiots who want to achieve outstanding results without doing anything for it. What will all you idiots do in real life when you are confronted with a situation where you actually have to work/train/study for better results?
You should have trained yourself for 1 week to see whether or not you can really achieve such results. And by training I'm not talking about playing on Nooblounge 24/7 there you won't improve at all.

Clean up Sauerbraten...make it cheat free...sure thing, but don't stop there. Please remove all idiots using cheats with the excuse that they only wanted to "check" how it would be or "pwn" the other guy with "his own weapons".

view post Posted on 3/6/2011, 23:01

Group:
Elite Master Monkey

damn x... you were using autoshoot in your game against me and daft yesterday? see i suspected as much because for a noob clan i highly doubted that you would have been able to compete with us so equally. besides some of your shots were ridiculous. i, for one, have never used a cheat and i, like eXng, have been accused on numerous occasions of cheating because of our actual skill. skill that has taken me 3+ years to develop.

so yeah, this pisses me off too. not because others think that there are cheaters out there, because we all know that there are. with open source development, regardless of what anti-cheat client is developed, there will always be some way to exploit it. there's simply no way to get around it completely. what pisses me off is that there are people out there who do actually use cheats and because of that it makes everyone paranoid that because you're good, you must be cheating.

i'm not sure of the exact intent of your little "experiment" but i gather that by posting this as open letter to all clans, that you are implying that because we are recognized for our skills that we must be using cheats. if that's the case, piss off. cheating is lame and how could anybody want to use a cheat? i just don't understand. so while i deject your assumption I can tell you, however, that being a member of an experienced clan does have specific advantages that will help any nub with their game. Have you ever noticed how many settings there are to change and tweak just within the console itself that can help with performance? Try buying a gaming mouse. Turn mouse access off. Learn the maps like the back of your hand. Try playing 23000 games and maybe one day you'll actually be good. Playing with an experienced clan that can share information and practice together is quite advantageous. And like eXng said, stop playing on noob servers with a bunch of idiots that provide little to no challenge for improvement.

And as a word to all you people out there who do actually cheat, grow up. if it's all that important to you to do so than you really need to take a good look at who you really are and why you do it. I know it's just a game but my guess is that it reflects on who you are in real life and surely indicates where you're heading.

(oh, and by the way, remind me why you shouldn't be banned from every server for your little trick?)

[id-X]
view post Posted on 3/6/2011, 23:48

bandandit,

i understand the concept of "developed skill", and i applaud you guys for that. but "developed"
over the course of 1 week ( i don't think so ). and also i did not do this "experiment" to accuse,
but to give the opportunity to reform the sauer environment. level the playing field, and then
let the skill shine through.

i have always admired DM's gameplay and integrity and trust that you guys will continue in this
vein, and wish your clan nothing but prosperity for the future.

this "little stunt" was merely to highlight the ease with which such a cheat can be used with no
detection whatsoever. and try as you may, you will not even see anything out of the ordinary on
the demos available.

are you guys open to the idea of forming The League of Trusted Clans (LOTC), where only
the SWL Anti-Cheat Client is used during gameplay. if you guys are down with that, then drop me
an email to [email protected]

regards,
[id-X]

and as for banning from every server, i am prepared to accept the consequences of my actions,
which btw, i did not perpetrate for personal gain ( ie. better stats/frag awards, etc.) nothing prevented
me from continuing to use the cheat, but i set myself a mental target of 3 days, and i stuck to it
and then revealed what i had done.

view post Posted on 4/6/2011, 00:14

Group:
Elite Master Monkey

I'm just gonna throw this out there... Before you suspect someone of cheating, ask if they made any hardware/software updates, because an act such as buying a new gaming mouse to replace your old/shitty mouse can have a similar affect on one's gameplay in one week as hacks can. I know this from experience.
Same goes for software, improving graphics, fps, or changes to in-game settings as well.
Honestly, if I played with my bad mouse, my bad mousepad, and default game settings, I would be maybe 50% as good as I am with everything I normally use.

view post Posted on 4/6/2011, 21:55

Group:
Elite Master Monkey

ok x, i respect your opinion on the matter and appreciate what you are trying to accomplish even if i don't exactly approve of your method. nonetheless if your intentions are true to the cause you should seek out certain trusted members of the community who may be able to help you develop this concept further. as for this SWL anti-cheat client, i cant say that i know enough about or trust its development to stand behind it as a principle for your LOTC, but the idea is worth investigating.

5 replies since 3/6/2011, 11:47   235 views